Wednesday 28 August 2013

Create and Craft inspiration for Splodge Away

XMAS HOUSE
 
 
This is my house made of Splodge board shapes that featured on create and craft yesterday. Tom gave me some to do samples for the show and I immediately decided that I was  going to make a scene out of them and asked Tom if he would cut me a house shape. He did and this was the result. the splodge board seems to accept all types of mediums and was grea to work with. The roof of the house was made useing Splodge Away bick wall mask and the eves and backing were xmas papers from a magazine I have had for who know how long. the shapes were mainly coloured with distress inks but I also used some spray and sparkle, gilding waxes, pearl markers and glue and glitter. The glue all the parts together I used glossy accents. The reason for this was because I know it has a good bond and dries fairly quickly and as I hadnt used the board before I felt most confident with this.
 


 


 
 
This one was the nativity scene made from the Splodge board. I also mounted this onto a frame and although it s not obvious from the picture it has a hanger made from ribbon and twine. for those of you who are observant  )lolx)  and watched create and craft it was sitting on an easel behind Tom and Nigel. Below it was a card that was very similar but useing the mask. The sentiment which I stamped on is one of my favourites. Next is the other one that got a good showing my christmas pudding card. To make this I cut off one of the puddings on the pudding border, inked it with brown adirondack and ran through the e bosser. I did this several times. I then glued and glittered the top half of the puccing and cut them out and formed wreather of puddings in the centre leaving enough room to make the bow flower in the centre. this was real fun to make and one of those cards that you are so pleased with when its done. Hope you like it too.


 
 
Well I think I am in danger of going on and on and boring the pants off everyone so I am going to save some for later. I will blog again tomorrow with some more of my Splodge Away Samples.  To see more of the lovely creations watch the Splodge Away blog over the next few day. Just follow this link.
 
Happy Crafting
Kayx
 
 
 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful projects Kay did see them on TV yesterday :)
Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Bloggers Network face book page Hugs Tania xx (DT)

Kate M said...

3 beautiful projects Kay, sorry to say I missed them on TV.
Thanks for sharing.
xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a lovely project en card Kay.

greetings karin

Unknown said...

Fabulous projects Kay, how wonderful to have them on the Tele, xxx