Friday 12 April 2013

FLITTER AND GLITTER


Hi bloggers. Well this is just a quick post as I am absolutely shattered after a long long day but have to say an amazing one. I left home at 3-45 this morning to meet Tom from Splodge Away and we then travelled to the Create and Craft Studio where he had a show scheduled for 10am this morning. Everyone was so nice, the crew producers etc and also some of the other guests who had shows that day. I even got a few seconds of fame as when we were setting up Toms show Nigel who was filming the one before at the time pointed out we were there and said hello. ( Unbeknown to me the cameras had turned onto us. I guess I will never see it myself but maybe some of you saw it and can tell me. I thought I would share this card with you as it was well loved. I made it useing double sided sticky paper. I used a tumble drier sheet to dust the mask before placeing in onto the paper. then rubbed flitter flakes into the exposed sticky areas. I then carefully peeled of the mask and then applied ultra fine silver glitter the the rest of the sticky areas and walla the finished design. All I then had to do was apply the flowers and ribbon. I must say that I like to make my own flowers but these were bought one with liquid pearls for the centres.
Well I am about to retire now and catch up on some lost sleep.

Happy Crafting
Kayx


2 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Kay, thanks for popping by my blog and following!! Also thanks for the warm welcome to the DT...I am thrilled to bits and can't wait to get started, only prob was the masks Tom was to send me didn't arrive!!! So disappointed not to have done anything for todays show!!1 I watched it and saw your beautiful card and great how Tom was able to explain live what you had done here. It is stunning and love the extravagant bow too...it really adds to the design. Have become your latest follower too!!
Best Wishes and looking forward to working with the team
Carol xx

CraftyKay said...

I think it was a bit tight from announcing to getting the masks for this show but I bet you were very dissapointed. Never mind when you get the next ones yoy can have some great fun. Thanks for the kind comments on my cards and once again welcome. Happy Craftingx